Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 1 - Zombie Fluxx?? wtf?


A new semester has started already, which means it’s time to get back to work… The second week has started and I’m on the busiest day, Monday. Today is all about Game Design class. I have to present to the TA my experience on the card game we explored last week in class, Zombie Fluxx!

 
Since this is my first blog I might as well talk about it...

At first, I wasn’t really down to play this game. I waited in the line after selecting my group to pick the game and by the time I got to the front I was stuck with it. I found the game to be really fun…and that’s not only because I won! Yes…This is a big deal to me because usually when I play board games with my friends back home I lose. But anyways, it started off with the six of us scrambling through the cards and rule sheet to see what it was about. I was a little annoyed cause I had no clue what was going on and the sheet wasn’t really that descriptive. 

My group elected me the dealer of the cards so i went ahead and dealt the cards, and had also gone first. This game was pretty cool because it had many different kinds of cards. The first one was the ‘Creeper Card’ that I drew, which was actually a Zombie… I wasn’t too sure what to do but we soon got the hang of the game. Each person had their own zombie area. There were also Goal cards which set the conditions to winning the game…and there was a lot! The goal could have changed at any time, which I really liked. Only one could be in play… which made it tough. There were also ‘Keeper Cards’ and ‘Action Cards’ which were items to help the player out and interact with others.
 
I won the game by having the condition of having more than one Zombie and possessing a Keeper Card of a Brain and a Baseball Bat… pretty random… but either way. I won. 

I hated the fact that it took forever to be my turn, one thing I would change (if I could) would be the amount of goal cards. I would definitely reduce the amount so the game would go by a little bit faster without getting bored. I also really wished I played with only 4 people instead. It was cool trying out a new game. Can’t wait to make my own…

Christian Perera
100343813

No comments:

Post a Comment